SE101 : Applied Calculus and Differential Equations (응용 미적분학과 미분방정식)
This course mainly focuses on how to solve important problems in basic science and engineering by mathematical modeling and solving ordinary differential equations. Fundamental concepts in Calculus will also be covered. Students will learn how to use MATALB in modeling and solving ordinary differential equations.
- Single variable Calculus : antiderivative, mean value theorem, Newton's method, fundamental theorem of Calculus, indefinite integrals, improper integrals
- Methods of solving differential equations : separation of variables, reduction of order, method of undetermined coefficients, variation of parameters, Euler's method, Laplace transform
- Sequences and series : convergence tests for series, Power series, Taylor series)
- Series solutions of linear differential equations : ordinary and regular singular points, Legendre and Bessel equations)
- Parametric curves : polar coordinates, quadratic curves
- Laplace transform : Dirac-delta function, system of ODE